Thoughts on writing and reading for boys and young men.
There comes a time in every rightly-constructed boy's life when he has a raging desire to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure. -Mark Twain, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer

Monday, April 2, 2012

Back...

So who knew raising a toddler would be so time-consuming and exhausting?  I know--EVERYBODY, right!? 

Well, I thought I did, too, but I wasn't prepared for JUST how time-consuming it could be.  I've neglected this journal--among other things--during the past seven or eight months (my last post was coincidentally around the time that our son figured out 1) running, 2) opening childproofed doors, 3) taking the safety plugs out of outlets, and 4) carrying a small chair around the house to use as a stool and access the last few "safe" places we had to put anything out of his reach).  

A bunch of other stuff has happened, too.  A move. Some trips. Winter. But I'm not making excuses.  I elected to spend time with my son--reading, playing, going to the zoo, whatever.  And I elected to work on some of my own writing.

But still busy or not, it's time to bring the blog back.  I've been reading some great books. Watch for updates soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment